Subscribe to get access
Read more of this content when you subscribe today.
● Discuss Megan Thee Stallion’s debut album Good News . Was it successful
or is the support for Megan transcending the music?
● Chart the evolution of Meg through her projects: Good News, Fever, Tina
● While Tina Snow (2018) is not Meg’s first project it feels like the
first incarnation of who we see now. It’s not just the stylish sexy
cover. The alter ego “Tina Snow” was inspired by Pimp C’s alter ego
“Tony Snow”. This big persona allows her confidence to run anthemic.
● Fever (2019) is where Meg came into the spotlight. One of the reasons:
her connection to the music of Three 6 Mafia. Juicy J produces 3 songs
on this and features on one. Project Pat also snags a guest spot. Being
way more Gangsta Boo than Lil Kim while looking Beyonce good really
● Good News (2020) is a slight shift. As a public figure she begins to
speak directly to her audience. Also, the song Don’t Rock Me To Sleep is
a clear pop turn. Juicy J is still a big part of it as is Da Baby but
high profile guests like Big Sean, Beyonce, 2 Chainz, Young Thug all
make this an event album.
- We’ve talked about becoming a pop star. Finding a way to transition what
you do into the spotlight. What about Good News is a promising
evolution? What pain points can she improve on?
Leave a Reply